Tuesday 7 January 2014

Compliments

I got to thinking about compliments over the weekend...there are people who fish for compliments, people who give compliments and people who don't take compliments well.

I saw some family members that I have not seen in over a year. It was my mother's cousin and her family. I gave this lady a hug and said "You look great! How have you been?". She replied with, "I am good & So do you!"

NO. I didn't believe her. I have put on some lbs and I do not think I look great. Now, I did have my my hair and make up done but when she said that I immediately thought about how tight my pants were and called bullshit. (of course I just thought this in my head)

Her response with a compliment thrown in is just a nice response. I meant what I said.. but I didn't feel she meant what she said.

I have to admit, I am not one to give compliments often, but when I do, I mean them. And I usually  take compliments well but this case it didn't feel sincere.

Ever experienced a fake compliment like that before?

No comments:

Post a Comment