Thursday 6 November 2014

The laundry basket.

I wonder how many hours a year are spent in waiting rooms. I am sitting here waiting for that one visit a year that all women dread. Yep, the Gyno. Fun stuff.

Anyways, let's rewind to the beginning of Bocita. When we started dating I was wondering how it all would work because he owns a house about 1.5 hours outside of Houston. Yes, that means he would drive that far to and from work daily. Well, in the beginning he spent 3 weeks in Canada. In my eyes this was a test for me to gather my feelings. If I really missed him, then something was there. Well I really really missed him and counted down the days until he returned. 

He returned on a Friday night at 2 am, we stayed at my apartment then drove to his house on Saturday to visit his family. While we were at his house he proceeded to do all his laundry (first and only time I have seen him do this). On Sunday we loaded and headed to my place since I lived 40 minutes away from work and no way would I survive a 1.5 hour commute! So when we loaded up the car he grabbed his laundry basket full of clean clothes. I'm talking 3 weeks worth of clean clothes. I laughed to myself but thought..."Ok. This is happening." There was no discussion, it just happened. If I would've had a problem with it I would have spoken up then. But I let it be and got him a key made. 

After a few weeks of him living out of that laundry basket posted up on my kitchen table I decided it would be nice if me to clean out the hall closet. So I did and then he had a spot for all of his shit. Oh and he is used to coming in and emptying his pockets on the counter, so I got a bowl for that shit too. His things had their spot and everything was going great.

My lease was up in September and the discussion of us having a place together began. Anything with more space would be ideal. We went apartment hunting and found the perfect little place we call home today. 

It's crazy how this life of mine has played out. There I was being single soaking it up and in a blink of an eye I have the most amazing man in my life. We have had discussions about marriage and kids and buying a house, grown up things. So crazy.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment