Friday 18 October 2013

Weekly Routine

Looking back on this week it feels that I am almost back in my old routine which I love. Over the summer I was super busy and lost track of my priorities a bit. I love having my plans for the week and preparing for each day the night before.

Sunday:  I cooked lunch for the week and packed my bag for corssfit. I attend a 5:30 crossfit class so I head to the gym straight from work.

Monday: work, crossfit
Strength: Back Squat
1×5 @ 155
1×2 @ 165
2×1 @ 175

WOD 10/14/13:20 Min Running Clock
10 Push Press 65#
15 KBS 35#
(Alternating on the minute, PP 1st minute, KBS 2nd minute, PP 3rd, KBS 4th, etc)


Tuesday: work then dinner with friends

Wednesday: work, skipped crossfit because I had a little too much wine on Tuesday and felt exhausted all day. I was asleep by 7:30. I was that tired.

Thursday: Work, corssfit
Strength:2 sets of the following -
10 pull ups

10- ring dips
WOD 10/17/13:4 Rounds:
10 Overhead Squats 75#
15 Knees to Elbows
90 singles/jump rope


TGIF! Have a great weekend!

The recipe below looks amazing and I must try it soon!

pumpkin piePumpkin Pie in a Cup
Ingredients:
Half can of pumpkin or 1/2 cup of puree pumpkin (make sure it’s just pumpkin)
About 6 oz of
unsweetened coconut milk1 frozen banana
1 teaspoon of cinnamon|
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
6-7 ice cubes
Throw everything in a blender and blend till smooth!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, well done on the workouts this week.

    And um, pumpkin pie in a cup?! HELLO!! I'm in and MUST try this!! Thanks for sharing (cool).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout week. We have thought about trying crossfit, do you like it? pros cons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy crossfit. The class sizes are small so it is comparable to personal training and I work out harder than I would on my own. Workouts change every day to keep it interesting. I work out at the same time each day with the same group and we keep eachother accountable for attending. I have made some great friends. The only con I can think of is the price. I pay $150 a month for unlimited classes. My gym also offers 2 classes a week for $115 and they usually have family discounts. I hope that helps!

      Delete