Tuesday, 29 October 2013

I fell into some feelings and dusted that shit off.

I was on Facebook on Saturday afternoon and saw this guy that I dated for a few months (back in Feb) had a girlfriend. I was a tiny bit bummed for a second and then I reminded myself why I ended it. He lives 2 hours away + there is a 10 year age difference + he was an obsessive texter + took up too much of my time + there was no way it would become anything more than casual dating. I decided to not waste any more of his MY time and we decided to be friends. Why was I bummed the least bit? There was no reason for it. I don't want him. Maybe the 3% of me wouldn't mind being in a relationship felt a little envious. The other 97% of me dusted those feelings off and got me in check.

The truth is...

I love being single. 
I love doing whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it.
I love laying on my couch watching reality shows every night.
I love going out with my girlfriends.
I love random girls trips.
I love the person who I am when I am single.
I love not having to worry about things that come with a relationship.
I love being spontaneous.
I love cooking for 1.
I love doing laundry for 1.
I love only having to clean up after myself.
I love only worrying about myself and no one else.
I love being selfish, for now.

I have so much fun and there is no time to worry about when Mr. Right will come along. I have been single now for the past 2.5 years. Dated someone for 6 years (6 years!) before that so I am enjoying this new found love for the single life. If I would've known it was this amazing I am sure that 6 years would've been cut a little a lot short.

I am off to have breakfast for dinner tonight with some girls from college. Mimosas and all.

Have a great afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Singleness is hard, especially in the South. I think we still live under this old Southern tradition that tells us that we should get married to our college sweetheart, buy a home the day after graduation, etc. But thats just not reality anymore. I think its great that you are content with your singleness, because it really is something that can be a blessing. I think its important for females to be on their own, to develop their own lives, and to find contentment and happiness without having to have a man.
    I saw this a few months ago and love it:
    To all the girls who are in a hurry to have a boyfriend or get married, a piece of Biblical advice: “Ruth patiently waited for her mate Boaz.” While you are waiting on YOUR Boaz, don’t settle for any of his relatives: Broke-az, Lyin-az, Cheatin-az, Dumb-az, Drunk-az, Cheap-az, Lockedup-az, Goodfornothingaz, Lazyaz and especially his third cousin Beatinyouaz. Wait on your Boaz and make sure he respects Yoaz!