"Broken windows” on a personal level are particular signs of disorder that make one feel out of control and overwhelmed.
When I think about things that give me anxiety I immediately think about other homes
and my apartment. I keep it neat and clean because I get overwhelmed if I don't. I often get overwhelmed when I walk into environments that I cannot control but I have to remind myself that some people don't mind a mess/what is messy to me is normal for others.
- When the couch pillows are not organized correctly.
- Dishes in the sink. (they need to be in the dishwasher)
- Anything that is cluttered, countertops especially. (it is safe to say I am a neat freak)
- Anything out of place (everything has a place and I know exactly where I can find it)
- Drinking straight from the milk carton (or any carton).
- Dog hair anywhere. (thankful for dogs that do not shed)
- When the TV volume is too high
- Kids being loud and obnoxious. (I think I am getting into my pet peeves now)
Sometimes I need to loosen up and realize some of these things aren't a big deal. BUT it sure does make me feel better when these things are in order.
What are your "broken windows"?